Monday, January 11, 2010

Wintertime Blues

I am not really a fan of winter.  It's cold, it's dark, it can be wet or like today it can be gray & foggy.  I have to pull myself up by my bootstraps (that is if I had bootstraps! LOL) and get all things I need to get done - DONE! It's hard, because all I want to do is snuggle down and wait for spring to arrive.  So in an effort to accomplish a lot - let's start with a meal plan, shall we?  I wasn't feeling very well last week either - my tummy decided it hated me and not everything got made last week, so we there are a couple of repeats.

Monday  - Let's ease into things with some basic cheese quesedillas and homemade potato soup.  I make a very plain potato soup with just celery, onions, and potatoes with milk & butter.  Sometimes the simplest things can be the best~!
Tuesday - Hey, guess what?  I'm going to be 42 on Tuesday!  I usually LOVE my birthday, am excited days before hand, and never complain about getting older.  I'm not really feelin' it this year though.  Must be that stupid fog.  I think some Chicken Thighs all Puttenseca will go a long ways to cheering me up!  I love this stuff and I have that huge Costco jar of kalamata olives to use up!
Wednesday - Coleen just posted up this awesome looking Green Chile Pork Roast.  I have all the ingredients and I think I'll just throw it in the crockpot since it is piano lesson day for us..... mmmmmmmm... my house is gonna smell so good when we get home!
Thursday - Since I'm on an easy kick this week - let's make everybody happy and have Spaghetti & Meatballs.  It is guaranteed to make everybody in my house smile wide when they ask "What's for dinner?"  
Friday - I didn't get the tilapia or baked lemon pasta made last Friday - let's try again shall we?
Saturday - I have everything all geared up for the mega-chopping marathon that is PW's Asian Noodle Salad.  I made it once before and loved it - KK wasn't a fan at that time, and I couldn't figure out why - she likes everything in it (she loves cabbage!).  We'll have to see if anything has changed and I thought maybe all the veggies would cheer me up and help bring me off of the holiday sugar high!
Sunday - So, everything this week has been pretty easy and unimaginative, right?  We might as well end the week on an easy comfort food adventure with Chicken & Dumplings.  I made this awhile back during my comfort food extravaganza.  They were excellent and we gobbled down a double batch no problem - my mouth started watering when I decided that I was going to make them!  It's the happiest I've been all day!  LOL

I wish you all the best week - and lots 'o sunshine where ever you may be!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

5 comments:

Katy ~ said...

I saw the pork on Coleen's blog too. It looks as though it's super!

Good week to you, too!

Shelby said...

Happy birthday to you early!!

You have that Chicken dish often enought that I think we better try it! PW's salad is so colorful and pretty too!

We were going to have your burgers tonight but Grumpy had to be gone tonight so we are having them tomorrow instead. :-)

Linda said...

Yes, an early Happy Birthday! I hope you get lots of sunshine this week--your meals sound GREAT!

Unknown said...

Sorry I'm a day late in wishing you Happy Birthday. I'm still learning how to do this.
Wasn't impressed with Heavenly Potatos, needed something, garlic? Pickyman said ok, but don't bother again. Have to experiment, but it was lacking.
I forgot the cucumber sauce for the hambo's, delish on the leftover parts. Maybe you should talk to Kraft or Wishbone about it!
Go girl, I'm rooting!

Susie @ Hick Chick said...

Thanks Gail! I, too, thought the Heavenly potatoes were a wee bit lacking. I'm glad you liked the cucumber sauce - LOL About Kraft & Wishbone! Don't I wish! :) Thanks for your support!

Stumble Upon Toolbar