Sunday, January 31, 2010

Ohhh... NOOO!!

I am so very very sad!  My favorite crockpot with the stoneware insert and timer that switches to warm has died!  What is a busy mom to do????  Sigh....I have another crockpot, but it doesn't have the little switch-to-warm feature and tends to over cook most things - we'll just have to do other stuff until I can get a new one!

Monday - KK has a basketball game, then afterward she and SS will be heading to spend the night with their dad.  He has been gone for a few weeks and they have been a missin' him.  I think I'll make Red Lentil Curry in their absence.  More for me!  :)

Tuesday - Another basketball game for KK, so that leaves SS in charge of her favorite - baked potatoes and I'll have a dish of shake n' bake pork chops ready she can just pop in the oven too. Everybody will be happy when we get home!

Wednesday - I found some salmon on sale, and my cooking friend, Dishy has some really great salmon dishes, including this Lemon Dill number plus a couple of great chowders you need to check out!  We will be having the Lemon Dill with some broccoli.  YUM!

Thursday - I have a couple of big T-bones laying around in the freezer that need to be eaten.  I have a slab o' goat cheese in the fridge that needs to be eaten.  So, I'm going to use the idea from PW's Grilled Ribeye's with Onion Blue Cheese Sauce  and shake it up!  I'll use my t-bones and give them the seasonings from this AR recipe, broil them up and top them with the onion sauce from PW, but made with a touch of goat cheese rather than blue cheese.  I'll report the results for sure!

Friday - It worked last week to have something I really loved and that is totally easy for dinner of Friday.  I am sad to report that my giant Costco jar of kalamata olives is empty - so I guess Chicken Thighs alla Puttenseca will have to wait a couple of weeks until a can get another jar.  LOL I think this week we'll have Caramelized Red Onion-Feta Burgers - I have all the ingredients except for cucumbers and I could use the practice on burger shaping!

Saturday - It's time to make another batch of the THE spaghetti sauce.  I'm down to just want bag in the freezer!  As you know, I love this sauce.  This time I'm gonna do something just a little bit difference to see what happens - instead of just chopping the veggies, I'm going to chop them and take them for a little whirl in my food processor to see if I can up the thickness factor and reduce the chunk factor.  I have nothing at all against chunks, I just want to see what it does to the texture.

Sunday - It's Superbowl Sunday.  I like football.... I don't really watch football much anymore - but do usually try to tune it for the big one and all the fun and festivities involved.  What's football's biggest game without wings???  I don't know which I'm going to make, but here are some of my favorites from years past:
Restaurant Style Buffalo Wings  *****
My personal favorite.  Crispy, spicy, and yummy!
Caramelized Baked Chicken Wings *** 1/2
It was on okay honey-soy wing.
Fantastic Hot N' Spicy Wings No Rating
I haven't made these, but I have them in my 'Zaar recipe box and Kittencal rarely steers you wrong (afterall, it is her spaghetti sauce recipe I love!)

Have a great week!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

Shelby said...

Oh no Susie! Sorry about your crockpot! :(

About your burger - that cucumber sauce is AWESOME. That was one of my favorite parts of the burger!

Katy ~ said...

I was wildly irked when my crock pot also recently went kaput, went right out and bought another (well...not right out...), grins.

I have got to try that chicken puttenesca recipe. I've had it in my must-make stash for a while.

Jodi said...

That's a bummer about the crockpot. ;(

But your menu for the week sounds as delicious as always. Get that crock replaced ASAP and you'll be right back in the swing.

Stumble Upon Toolbar