Sunday, January 3, 2010

Welcome to 2010!

Is it twenty-ten or two thousand ten?  LOL At any rate, it is my first meal plan of the new year..... and we had our last hurrah today with PW's mac & cheese (which will have its own separate post), t-bone steaks (momma sprang for the good stuff!), and candy.... because I've gained 5 lbs. in the last 2 weeks and I because I don't want it to stay around until April (can you say airline seats???) we are going to have a few more vegetables this week.  
Monday - work.................... whoa.  I'm not sure I'm prepared for the reality of working for 8 hours a day.  LOL How about a nice Asian dish to cheer me up?  Pork, Apple and Ginger Stir-fry looks like it is just screaming out for more veggies than just the broccoli....I have some peppers, mushrooms, and some bamboo shoots.  White rice will make the chickies happy too!   Plus, I have all the stuff in the pantry - BONUS
Tuesday - I bought a bunch of greens..... mustard & collard.  This Southern slow-cooker version looks like it might fill the ticket with a Spicy Rapid Roast Chicken.
Wednesday - I still have some of my prized red lentils, but the last soup I made didn't do them justice.  I'm hoping this Lebanese-Style Red Lentil Soup fits the ticket!  In a multi-cultural fair, we'll have some quesadillas too! LOL  I know we have SS's piano lessons tonight, so this looks like a quick and easy way to go. 
Thursday - I've made this Simply Great Chicken before - and it lived up to its name!  SS asked for baked potatoes to be on the meal plan this week - this looks like a great dish to pair with that! 
Friday - We haven't had enough seafood lately - I found some nice tilapia and I thought it would go well with PW's Baked Lemon Pasta which got two big thumbs up from the chickies when I made it before. 
Saturday - SS is really into this piano thing.  We are going to a piano concert in Moses Lake.  Maybe I'll get some SUSHI from my favorite little place - Tsunami Sushi.  They are so nice there - last time the little old sushi chef, who KK refers to as "Sushi Grandpa" came to our table because he had a saved a copy of the Moses Lake paper that had the article about the Bake-off Contest.  It was tooooo sweet.
Sunday - I have been dying to make this Maghogany Beef Stew ever since Katy @ Food for a Hungry Soul made it a few weeks ago.  I love cooking with red wine!  YUM!
There we have it.... 1st week of 2010.  Twenty-ten.  Two thousand ten.  Whatever you want to call it - I hope its great for you!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

5 comments:

Katy ~ said...

Love the Simply Great Chicken, and the Mahogany Beef Stew was a little sweet, too much hoisin sauce or the merlot should have been the Cabernet as originally called for in the original recipe? I think definitely should've used the Cabernet which is dryer wine. It was good and it was different. I hope you like it too.

Save the Lebanese Style Red Lentil soup to my recipe box. It sounds VERY good. I'm on such a soup kick lately. Looks like a healthy, easy and inexpensive dish to put together; I have red lentils in the pantry waiting for some luvin!

Linda said...

Looks like a great plan to me. I love that sushi guy saved a copy of the article about you!

Shelby said...

Looks good to me!

This morning on the radio I "heard" the correct way is twenty ten. Who decides this stuff anyway?? ;o)

Hope you survived your full day at work today!

Gera@SweetsFoodsBlog said...

What a lovely menu!! I'm here from Shelby - Honeybunch, you've a wonderful food blog!

Keep up with your tasty work :)

Cheers,

Gera

Zesty Cook said...

Great looking menu plan!! I am loving the chicken recipe

Stumble Upon Toolbar