Monday, January 18, 2010

Menu Plan - Soupy Week!

It's a short work week, but I have lots to accomplish which might mean a late night or two - plus we have piano lessons for SS and KK has her 1st basketball game (away) on Thursday.  My M-O this is going to be fairly simple!

Monday -A quick batch of chicken noodle soup - not the kind that takes me 2 days to make, just a quick and easy broth with veggies, chicken, and noodles.

Tuesday - My BFF, Mrs S., got me a subscription to Paula Deen Cooking where I found this yummy looking casserole (I couldn't find a link online - darn!):

Greek Chicken Casserole
Makes 6 to 8 Servings

1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1/2 cup chopped red onion
1 (3.5-ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 (15-ounce) can low-sodium chicken broth
1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
2 cups cooked brown rice
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Spray a 13x9 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat; add chicken and cook 6 to 8 minutes, or until browned.  Add bell pepper and onions; cook for 4 to 6 minutes or until vegetables are tender.  Stir in olives, oregano, basil, and red pepper tossing gently to coat.  Add broth and tomato paste and cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently until combined.  Stir in rice and Parmesan cheese.  Spoon mixture into prepared dish.  Sprinkle evenly with feta cheese.  Bake for 25 to  30 minutes, or until heated through.  Serve immediately.


Wednesday - I guess I'm in a soup mood, cuz this Tomato Barley Soup looks really good and KK loves barley, so I'm hopin' she like this too.  SS loves a good cheesy quesedilla, so that will be awesome with tomato soup!

Thursday - Since KK won't be home until late, I think SS and I will just wing it!

Friday - Ya know what I realized, it has been a few weeks since shake n' bake pork chops!  Wrong, wrong, or so wrong!  LOL For an interesting side, I have a head of cauliflower and thought I'd give Company Cauliflower a try.

Saturday - My red lentils are still just hanging around in my pantry.  I didn't make the soup last week (or was it two weeks ago), but I remembered this Chole recipe my friend Carrie from Vegan Deliciousness recommended.

Sunday - SS said when I asked if there was anything special anybody wanted this week "Can we have YOUR burger?"  Awwww..... So, since I haven't made it about 6 weeks we will be having Caramelized Red Onion-Feta Burgers.  'Cuz practice never hurts!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

Katy ~ said...

I'm in the soup zone, too, lately. Must be all this snowy, leadened cloud weather we're having.

Shelby said...

I have some red lentils in my cupboard too! I'm hoping to use them tomorrow night. That cauliflower recipe looks pretty yum too!

Linda said...

That casserole sounds delish!

Stumble Upon Toolbar