Sunday, October 18, 2009

New Recipes and Old Favorites

A well-balanced week of new tries and old favorites for the week.

Monday - My cute little friend, Katy from Food for a Hungry Soul posted a good lookin' chicken recipe that is right up my alley (easy!). Simply Great Chicken looks easy-peasy! I bought a head of broccoflower that needs to be eaten, so we will have that for a side along with a pasta.

Tuesday - I got some lean little top round steaks on-sale this week, so I wanted to do something different than a stew or beef tips and since I have some really nice Penzey's Hungarian Paprika, Beef Paprika seemed like a good idea. I will do it in the crockpot since KK has her last home volleyball game tonight. And just for the record, I will not be browning it in shortening! LOL

Wednesday - One of PW's (Pioneer Woman) latest recipes fit the vegetarian criteria for me this week! Her Wednesday Night Spaghetti with Artichoke Hearts with Tomatoes looks pretty good, but like most of her recipes pretty full of fat. I'll tone it down a bit with fat free half and half, less butter and oil - but probably keep the Parmesan.

Thursday - I never did get that Indian Tandorri chicken and sweet potato curry made from week before last. Absolutely no excuses for this week!

Friday - By request from both chickies - sloppy joes made with real burger. The past couple of times I've used lentils - but both requested the real thing this time.

Saturday - I'd tell you, but then I'd have to kill you. ;)

Sunday - My all-time favorite roasted chicken... you know the drill. Famous Dave's Country Roasted Chicken. So.Good.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments:

Darin and Angie Smith said...

what the heck is broccoflower (i even had to cut and paste that)

Susie @ Hick Chick said...

It's green cauliflower - suppose to be cross between broccoli and cauliflower. I found it on my great excursion to Super 1 in E-burg.

Susie @ Hick Chick said...

It tasted just like regular cauliflower, only green. SS liked it!

Katy ~ said...

Hey, I saw this and thought of you since you are into weight watchers.
http://lighterrecipes.blogspot.com/ The blogger is also doing weight watchers and it looks as if she has a nice blog.

Thank you for the shout out! LOL, I wish I were cute and little! If you had said old, I would have been quick to agree LOL!!! Hope you like the chicken. We've had it a couple of times and have loved it.

Stumble Upon Toolbar