Sunday, October 18, 2009

More Reviews

Simple Creamy Lemon Chicken Sauce ****
KK liked this - said it would do when I didn't want to go to all the trouble of making her very favorite lemony chicken. :) What a thoughtful daughter, LOL.

Bryan's Spicy Red Lentil Soup ***
I was a little disappointed in this considering my glee in finding red lentils. Neither of the chickies liked it at all. :( I still have some lentils left and am going to use them on something better!

Skillet Lasagna **** Pretty basic, hard to go wrong! It made a lot so we enjoyed the leftover for lunch.


Chicken and Dumplings III
*****
So good! I doubled the recipe (it is only 4 to begin with). I made my own chicken broth and this was terrific. We pretty much scarfed down the whole pot, with just enough for my lunch the next day. The dumplings were better the first day, they seemed to toughen up in the fridge.

German Style Pork and Saurkraut ****
I used a little more kraut, I couldn't find anything less than a 24 oz. jar! I used one big turnip and a small pork roast. I served it over mashed potatoes. It was a very "white" looking meal, but very tasty. KK said she'd eat it again, and SS ate everything but the turnips. Surprisingly that was the thing she said was sour, not the kraut! Crazy kid. LOL

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Stumble Upon Toolbar