Sunday, March 22, 2009

New Yummy Week

The new week is upon us.........

Monday - I'm going to make Pan-Seared Red Snapper this week. Turns out I took the whole trout out of the freezer instead of the snapper last week. OOPS!

Tuesday - This was a no-brainer for KK and I this week: Goop and homemade biscuits. Goop is basically creamed eggs. My mom made this for Sunday breakfast just about every weekend my entire childhood (when we weren't having waffles with strawberries and whipped cream - my dad's favorite!) I don't use a recipe, I just make a thick white sauce and cut up a bunch of hard-boiled eggs into it. Mrs. S. has an aversion to eggs, so as kids my mom would always save her some without eggs. Sometimes we'd have it over toast and sometimes over biscuits. My go to biscuit recipe has become the Never Fail Biscuits from AR. I really do think the cream of tartar makes them extra flaky. I can't wait for Tuesday!

Wednesday - Another on of my "oven-fried" favorites - this time chicken fried steak. I like a light bread crumb coating and the trick of the non-stick spray really crisps them up. We'll have mashed potatoes and my favorite red wine gravy. I can't wait for Wednesday.

Thursday - We are going meatless on Thursday again with this Moroccan Tagine I found on AR. I have no idea what a "tagine" is, but I was intrigued by the butternut squash and garbanzo beans. I'm not really sure SS is going to dig this at all, but I always make her try it and if she really truly doesn't like it, I let her have cereal. Which usually elicits jumps for joy. (I'm personally not a fan of cereal and don't understand my kids love for it! They must of gotten it from my mom who also loved cereal for breakfast, lunch or dinner!) I can't wait for Thursday!

Friday - It's family favorite time on Friday. Sloppy Joe's are on the agenda. I have been using this recipe for a couple of years. It is one of those rare finds for me that is "the best" no further looking required. I love it, the girls love, and I can't wait for Friday!

Saturday - SS will be happy on Saturday. It's her favorite: Spaghetti. I'll never forget when I took the girls to Disneyland when they were 4 & 6, and the first night we were eating in the restaurant at the hotel and SS licked her bowl clean of spaghetti, picked up the bowl and handed it to the waitress and said "More please." LOL I was so grateful when the waitress brought her another bowl and didn't even charge me! This week, I think I'll give this Recipezaar Sauce another go, since I enjoyed it a lot from a few weeks ago. I think I'll make some mini-meatballs to go with it this time. I can't wait for Saturday!

Sunday - I'm also in love with Famous Dave's Roasted Chicken. I might even do two to have more leftovers for something great next week (chicken salad, chicken spaghetti, ???).

Everybody have a good week!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

Carrie said...

The tagine looks yummy!

Shelby said...

I want to eat at your house all week! ;-P At least I could stay on my diet easier!!

Linda said...

I get such a kick out of your meal plans--you "can't wait" for every day! Your enthusiasm is contagious.

Stumble Upon Toolbar