Saturday, February 21, 2009

What's for Dinner?

Monday - I like to keep Monday's "light" for weigh-in on Tuesday. This week I thought shrimp would be a good choice and found this little "fried" coconut shrimp recipe on the WW board:

Coconut Shrimp

1/3 cup cornstarch
1 tsp ground red pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp lime juice
3 egg whites
1 cup coconut flakes -- shredded
1 1/2 pounds shrimp, large, R-T-C

Preheat oven to 425F. Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray.

In a small bowl combine cornstarch, pepper and salt. Set aside.

In a small microwave safe dish heat up honey approximately 30-45 seconds. Add lime juice to honey and stir. Slowly add in egg whites and continue to stir.

Place coconut in a thin layer on a pie plate or other relatively flat dish. Take each shrimp and first dip it into the cornstarch mixture then in the egg white mixture and finally roll it in the coconut. Then place on the baking sheet. Lightly spray with butter flavored cooking spray and bake 10-15 minutes or until shrimp is pink and the coconut is lightly toasted.

This recipe yields 6 servings.

One person suggested rinsing and draining the coconut to remove some of the sugar.

Tuesday - No points. I think we have decided to get the carnitas (shredded pork) from the local restaurant. It is the kind of place where they have 1 thing on the menu: carnitas. LOL You either buy it by the pound or "plate". With the plate you get a HUGE portion of the pork, beans, tortillas, and a little cabbage salad. YUM! 2 plates feed the 3 of us with leftovers!

Wednesday - Again, I'm turning to the WW recipe review board. This is suppose to be pretty good, we'll see!

Doritos Casserole

6 ounces Velveeta Light
2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
10 3/4 ounces 98% FF cream of chicken soup
11 ounces tomatoes with green chilies (Rotel)
6 ounces Doritos, baked -- Nacho Cheese
8 ounces lean ground beef

Cook meat, drain and add taco seasoning. Mix the tomatoes and soup together. Then, layer meat, soup mixture, crushed Doritos, and cheese. Keep layering until done. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

Thursday - Famous Dave's Country Roast Chicken. I made this a few weeks back and it was declared the best roast chicken I've ever made! I didn't make the full amount of the "seasoning" - I just used 1 tablespoon of each spice. I also didn't used FF italian dressing and only about 12 ounces and 1/2 cup of lemon juice. It was so juicy and delicious.

Friday - I will add the leftover chicken to this "mock" alfredo also from the WW boards. I usually double the recipe and add a light butter instead of the butter flakes. I'll serve it over angel hair.

Laughing Cow Alfredo Sauce

Servings | 2

Ingredients

3 wedge The Laughing Cow Light Creamy Garlic & Herb
1/2 cup 1% low-fat milk (used FF half and half)
1 Tbsp reduced fat parmesan cheese
1/2 Tbsp Molly McButter Natural Butter
1/2 tsp garlic powder

Instructions

In a medium-sized saucepan, combine all the ingredients over a low heat,
until everything is melted and the sauce is velvety smooth, about 20
minutes.

Saturday - That stew didn't get eaten last week because I had so many leftovers... we'll try again! :)

Sunday - I'm feeling like bean burritos. I have some refried beans in the freezer - I'll have to give this some more thought!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

5 comments:

Shelby said...

Susie, these choices sound really good! I really love coconut shrimp. Can I come for dinner tomorrow night? :)

Susie @ Hick Chick said...

Hope a plane, you should be here just in time! LOL

Alyson's Wonderland said...

Can I come over for dinner all week?!

LadyJayPee said...

How WAS the coconut shrimp? It sounds delish! And what a good idea making alfredo sauce out of Laughing Cow Cheese; I want to hear how that turns out too! Thanks for sharing your menus; it's inspiring.

Susie @ Hick Chick said...

Sadly, I wasn't feeling that well Monday night after work (I had a nasty headache!), so I justed boiled the shrimp. :(

Stumble Upon Toolbar