Sunday, October 17, 2010

Really Fall


Fall is really upon us..... we had our first frosts this week, it's dark by 6:30.  It's fall for sure.  I'm expecting some fujis to show up on my door step any minute (I have connections from working at an apple orchard for 20 years).  I can't wait to make some applesauce and apple pie filling for the freezer.  I also have an idea for an apple dessert (yes, a dessert from me!  I know - hard to believe!  LOL)

Our week is pretty much just normal.  SS got really sick last weekend spent this whole past week home from school with pneumonia!  She had to get a big ol' painful shot and has been on antibiotics all week too.  I'm happy to report the coughing has subsided, the fever is gone, and she will be at school this week!  I'm sad to report that the extra time momma spent with her sick baby this week, is going to translate to extra nights at work this week.  :(  Such is the way of the world.

MONDAY
Since some of the week was spent getting our baby better - I never got around to trying out my idea for the Newman's Own contest.

TUESDAY
It's volleyball tonight.  Our game is here - that means we turn to the crockpot.  I found this Simple Roast Chicken  that will translate very well to a crockpot application.  Dinner when we get home, my idea of a good day!

WEDNESDAY
I'm hopeful we will have enough chicken leftover from Tuesday to make this Chicken Spaghetti.  This version is different from most I've seen with the addition of the bacon, which happens to be in my fridge needing to be used!  Sounds like a good idea to me!

THURSDAY
No game tonight, but piano lessons instead.  Piano lessons make me so happy.... I love listening to the girls play!  I bet Christmas songs are going to be starting any week for the recital planned in December.  Last year I was so totally "Jingle Bells"-ed out!  :)  Dinner needs to be easy, and my cooking friends are all recommending this wonderful looking (and easy) Cheeseburger Chowder.  (Scroll down for the chowder).

FRIDAY
I stink at making dinner on Friday nights.  I'm tired, it feels like a long week.  Easy - easy is what I always need.  Hopefully my fujis will be here by then and we can make this easy Baked Stuffed Pork Chops  with the fried apples.  This is one pork chop dish I know that is Chickie approved and I don't get sad puppy eyes asking "why aren't they shake n baked?".  LOL

SATURDAY
Every week I ask the Chickies what they want on the meal plan.  Sometimes they get a "uh-not so much from me"... I mean, I not making KK's favorite stroganoff every week.  Or making SS spaghetti every week. But this week KK surprised me.... apparently she read a story at school and wanted something they were talking about Welsh Rarebit.  I've heard of Welsh Rarebit..... I remember looking at a recipe in my mom's old, old Betty Crocker cookbook and thinking - what a weird name for cheese sauce on toast!  Here is what Wiki says about its origins. More recently, PW made Welsh Rarebit - I think we will try her version.

SUNDAY
SS asked for "STEAK" this week.  What a great kid.  LOL How about a nice marinated London Broil? The forecast is calling for rain right now next Sunday and since I am definitely only a fair weather griller, I think this would translate well to the broiler if needed.

Everybody have a great week.   

Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments:

Linda said...

I remember Welsh Rarebit! I think it was in my old cookbooks too, but I don't think I ever made it. It certainly sounded elegant. :)

You're lucky to still have "apple connections"!

Curb Cutting said...

I’m quite sure I’ll learn many new stuff right here! Good luck for the next!

- Portable Concrete Batch Plant | Bitumen Sprayers | Bitumen Pressure Distributors

tour bus rentals said...

I every time used to read piece of writing in news papers but now as I am a user of internet so from now I am using net for articles, thanks to web.

- hire taxi | cabs hire | taxi for hire

handicrafts in india said...

What’s up, just wanted to say, I loved this article. It was funny. Keep on posting

- online shopping handicrafts india | buy indian handicrafts online

Stumble Upon Toolbar