Sunday, July 5, 2009

Not Much Cooking Week

It's a busy week. (What else is new? LOL) I'm going to try to keep things simple and fill-in a few things that have been posted and never made. :0

Monday - I thought I'd be a good mom and pull on SS's favorite thing on the planet, spaghetti. I'm still lovin' Kittencal for AR's Marinara. Even though she loves meatballs too, I think we will keep it meatless this time to keep the points down.

Tuesday - I'm off to get my hair done! FINALLY! I had to cancel my June appointment because I was so crazed, and then my stylist was gone on vacation and this was her first available day. I see wayyyyyyyyy to much gray! LOL The chickies will be with their dad, so no dinner needs to be made.

Wednesday - I didn't get the Greek Shrimp made last week.

Thursday - Weigh-in! I finally made my 25 lb. lost last week. I'm hoping for more of the same this week.

Friday - My town's annual summertime celebration starts off Friday night with the BBQ in the park along with entertainment (usually a talent show, but honestly I haven't been paying attention if that is what is happening this year or not!). It will BBQ sandwiches, beans, and of course, the root beer! YUM!

Saturday - More festivities in the park. I know that I will require some tacos that the ladies from our local catholic church make. They are the best ever, if somewhat greasy - but they are a once a year treat! I think we'll try to pretend we are behaving with some Lemon and Garlic Grilled Chicken for dinner!

Sunday - When I ate at P.F. Chang's a few weeks back one of my friends couldn't believe I didn't have the lettuce wraps. I found this copycat recipe and knew I'd have to give it a shot. I'll make extra chicken on Saturday to use.

Kinda boring on the culinary exciting scale, but sometimes that is the way it goes. ;)

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

Susie @ Hick Chick said...

My friend who says I'm missing out on the lettuce wraps says this is the recipe to use:

http://qurl.com/ws5r9

I will definitely give it a try instead of the one I posted. :)

Katy ~ said...

Love P.F. Chang's and their lettuce wraps! Your town's annual celebration sounds like a lot of fun with some good food! YUM.

Congratulations on your 25 pound weight loss! Very well done!

Linda said...

I've never had a lettuce wrap, but that link you posted in the comments section looks amazing.

You are amazing too, Susie. :)

Stumble Upon Toolbar