Sunday, April 18, 2010

Another Week - Another Meal Plan

Well, here are are - back into the swing.... almost literally as KK is in the thick of her middle school softball season!  The weather has gotten warmer (I have the watery eyes, drippy nose, and sneezes to prove it!).


Monday - It is softball game night!  What does the busy mom do???  Say it all together now..... CROCK POT!   I've made a few recipes from A Year of Slow Cooking and had good success - and wanted do an enchilada recipe.... and of course she came through!  She used the darn EVERY SINGLE DAY FOR A YEAR!  Best part is that it will be done when we roll in.... no muss, no fuss!

Tuesday - I am going to be starting up my Excel class at the high school again.  This leaves us a very short window to get dinner on the table.  I've tried a couple of times to just wait to have dinner until I get home, but that just doesn't work so well for me!  LOL A good teacher is not somebody who is grumpy 'cuz they are so hungry all they want to do is gnaw there arm off.  I found this yummy looking Artichoke Chicken Parmesan Orzo dish and immediately knew it was going on the meal plan.  No bookmarking needed!

Wednesday - Awhile ago Mrs. S. mentioned her love of Thai food to me, specifically she mentioned that these Thai Noodles looked particularly tasty. I'm gonna go ahead a make a double recipe so I can share with her for lunch on Thursday!  Let's see if she is reading my blog these days and knows this is on her horizon!  :)

Thursday - I really liked Hudson's Bake Tilapia, so I'm not going to search for something different this time.  The week is winding down and I know I'll want to keep it simple by Thursday!  

Friday - SS has informed that we have not had spaghetti and meatballs "for a long time".  So, if you have yet to try my favorite spaghetti sauce you need to do it!  Last time a made a big batch - I pureed the veggies before their saute, it made a great smoother sauce with a great texture.  I will do that from now on.  Don't forget the meatballs.  Just let 'em simmer in the sauce, gives a great taste to both the sauce and meatballs.

Saturday - I'm hopeful that our wonderful weather is going to hold out.  I scored some rib eye steaks for a great price - so I'm gonna fire up the grill! I know this recipe says it is for a london broil - but the rub is my absolute favorite on steaks of any kind!  

Sunday - If you have never made braised short ribs I have to insist that you do so ASAP!! They are so good - your whole house smells awesome.  I really love them with the mashed potatoes, more so than the polenta.  Except - I did have some wonderful polenta in Orlando at one of the meals and it was amazing..... it made me want to try again!

Everybody have a wonderful week!  And on a side note - even though I didn't win the Pillsbury Bake-off Contest, my entire experience was amazing.  A lot of that has to do with the out-pouring of love and support I received.  A giant thanks to anybody and everybody who was a part of that!  AND I was reminded in a big way this week, that things happen the way they are suppose too.  :)

Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments:

Shelby said...

Sounds like a good week Susie! (busy one too!)

Linda said...

I also believe that things happen the way they are supposed to. You never know what is around the corner, either! ;)
Good luck getting back into the routine!

Darin and Angie Smith said...

ok so i failed the test, but do excuses help at all. (I have been out of the state!) Begging for much forgiveness can I please share your Thai lunch???????????

Susie @ Hick Chick said...

:) Of course.... you brought a chair just for me! I'd wouldn't want to share it with anybody else!

Stumble Upon Toolbar