Sunday, August 30, 2009

New Reviews

Just a quick run-down of the new recipes I've tried lately:

Cuban Pork Roast *****
Nice and juicy after about 4 hours on high in my crockpot. I sliced it up & put it back in to soak up the juices. I might cut back on the oregano next time, 2 tablespoons is A LOT of oregano!

Layered Crockpot Casserole ****
Had a decidedly "stew" feeling going on. The cinnamon was there, but not overpowering. I think I smelled it more than tasted it. The chickies were not huge fans, asking "is there any meat in here?". Something they don't ask when I've tried other vegetarian fare on them. I liked it better for lunch the next day.


Salmon Cheddar Casserole
**** 1/2
Very good for a crockpot casserole, which sometimes turn into a big pile of unrecognizable mush. It even got a nice crispy layer on top! KK liked it and said it could be a do over, SS not a fan and would be happy never to see it again. LOL I liked it and it might go again.

Keith Young's Chicken Cacciatore
*****
My hands down favorite cacciatore ever! So forgiving and delicious. I fry in LOTS less oil, use whatever tomatoes are hanging out in my pantry, and only use green peppers (I can't afford red peppers! LOL). I am a non-traditionalist and server over mashed potatoes, but it is awesome on pasta too.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

Katy ~ said...

I agree! Two tablespoons IS a lot of oregano! Wow.

Your meals are so nice and diversified. We eat the same thing several days in a row to avoid tossing out leftovers.

Susie @ Hick Chick said...

We eat leftovers for lunch. During the summer the chickies would eat them, and since KK is doing WW she packs a lot of them in her lunch during school too. She doesn't mind cold spaghetti! :)

Linda said...

Thanks for the reviews, Susie!

Stumble Upon Toolbar