Saturday, August 22, 2009

Meal Planning - It feels so good!

I have really missed my meal planning during August! I'm ready to jump back on the bandwagon and bring ya'll along for the ride! School is starting this week, so that means I'm going to be pretty busy at work and per usual when that happens, the crockpot is getting a work out. Plus, now that school is starting and summer is winding down, it is time to get serious about Weight Watchers again instead of ice cream! LOL

Monday - Costco has these nice little lean pork roasts that come in a 4-pack for around $15 (less actually I think). I found this nice little pork roast recipe on the WW boards:

Cuban Pork Roast

1/2 cup orange juice
1/4 cup lime juice
Garlic to taste
2 tablespoons dried oregano
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon pepper
2 pounds boneless pork loin roast

Combine juices, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper. Marinate roast over night. Place in crock pot and cook on low 8-10 hours.

Yield: 6 servings= 232 Calories; 14g Fat (56.5% calories from fat); 23g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 75mg Cholesterol

Tuesday - Per KK's request meatloaf. I have never been able to find a meatloaf recipe that I LOVE and has become my "regular". Sometimes I'll find something new and try that, or sometimes I'll just throw a bunch of stuff together. I have made these meatloaf muffins a couple of times from the WW boards, and they are kid approved and easy.

Stove Top Meatloaf Muffins - 2 p's each

Ingredients
1 pound(s) uncooked lean ground beef (with 7% fat)
6 serving(s) Stove Top Savory herb, as packaged, Whole Box
1 item(s) Herb-Ox Beef Bouillon Cube(s)
1 cup(s) water
2 Tbsp Heinz Worcestershire Sauce
1 medium onion(s)
1 item(s) egg white(s)

Mix all ingredients until well mixed. Spoon into muffins tins and bake at 350 until cooked through.

Wednesday - I would like to get back to having at least one vegetarian meal a week again. The WW board is getting a work out along with that crockpot. I figured this would be good since all the veggies are fantastic right now.

LAYERED VEGETARIAN CROCKPOT DINNER
Serving Size : 4

6 potatoes -- sliced
1 large onion -- sliced
2 carrots -- sliced
1 green pepper -- sliced
1 zucchini -- sliced
1 cup frozen corn
1 cup frozen peas
SAUCE:
2 1/2 cups tomato sauce
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 teaspoon ground thyme
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 teaspoon basil
2 teaspoons chili powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon sage
2 tablespoons parsley

1. Layer vegetables in crockpot in order given. Mix together ingredients for sauce and pour over vegetables. Cook 6 hours on high or 12 hours on low.

Source: "DIABETIC-RECIPES-N-TIPS"
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 314 Calories; 2g Fat (4.0% calories from fat); 12g Protein; 70g Carbohydrate; 12g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 2037mg Sodium.

Thursday - First day of school and we need to get to a Weight Watchers meeting.

Friday - I'm sure I'm going to be so happy that this week is over! LOL That first week of school is very crazy! I never did get the Salmon Cheddar Casserole made from a few weeks ago.

Saturday - I've been wanting some Chicken Caccitore for awhile. This one from Food Network has been my favorite for awhile. It is simple and very tasty.

Sunday - I'm pretty sure that there are brown beans and ham hanging out in my freezer that needs to be eaten. I'm going to try to give up my favorite Buttery Corn Bread for something a little more Excellent & Healthy.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Katy ~ said...

That chicken cacciatore does sound very good. I've been looking for a good recipe and I believe this is it! Thanks for the delicious share!

Will you make a gravy of sorts with the sauce from the pork? Love citrus and pork together.

Stumble Upon Toolbar